Coffee bun recipe
Special Coffee Bun
Bread Dough: 500 gm. Bread flour
30 gm. Milk Powder
11 gm. Instant Yeast
50 gm. Sugar
220 ml. water
70 gm. unsalted butter
1 tsp. salt
160 gm. Salted butter - diced into 16 pieces (about 10 gm. each) – chilled
70 gm. Butter
100 gm. icing sugar
1 Tbsp. Instant Coffee (Nescafe) dissolved in 1 Tbsp.
1 beaten egg
85 gm. Plain flour
20 gm. Milk Powder
1 tsp. coffee Paste
(1) Put all the bread dough ingredients (except butter) into a mixer or bread machine and beat for about 10 mins till a dough is formed.
(2) Add in Butter and continue kneading till a smooth pliable dough is formed.
(3) Roll into a ball , cover and rest for 1 hour.
(4) For topping: Stir the butter and icing sugar till creamy. Gradually pour in beaten egg and stir till smooth. Pour in the rest of the ingredients and stir till smooth. Fill into a piping bag.
(5) Weigh and scale the proved dough into 60 gm. each. Roll into balls and let it rest for 10 mins.
(6) Wrap dough with the chilled butter and seal the ends tightly because the butter will cause it to split open during proving.
(7) Prove for 45 mins. till doubled in size.
(8) Pipe topping on top of each buns in a coiling motion.
(9) Bake at 180C for about 12 mins. till buns are crispy on top.
(10) Cool on cooling rack.
Mexican coffee buns Recipe
4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp bread improver-(optional)
1 tbsp instant yeast
190ml (1 cup) fresh milk
Topping:-mix together well
120gm butter -melted
120gm icing sugar
1 tbsp coffee essence
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
Butter filling:mix together
250 gm (1 stick) butter
200gm (2 cups) sugar
How to make Mexican coffee buns.
1. To make the dough:-Mix all the ingrediens in to a dough except the butter you add in last.
2. Knead to a soft non sticky dough.Leave aside to rise while making the top.
3. Divide each dough into 50gm. Roll and add fillings.
4. Place on greased tray apart. Put topping fillings in a pipe and pipe in a circle on the bun.
5 leave to rise. Bake in preheated oven at 200 C for 20 mins.
6, Serve warm.
Coffee Buns Recipe
Ingredients: Makes 16
225 g/8 oz/1 cup butter or margarine
450 g/1 lb/4 cups wholemeal (wholewheat) flour
20 ml/4 tsp baking powder
5 ml/1 tsp salt
225 g/8 oz/1 cup soft brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100 g/4 oz currants
5 ml/1 tsp instant coffee powder
15 ml/1 tbsp hot water
75 ml/5 tbsp clear honey
Rub the butter or margarine into the flour, baking powder and salt until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. Beat in the eggs to make a soft but not sticky dough, then mix in the currants. Dissolve the coffee powder in the hot water and add to the dough. Shape into 16 flattened balls and place, well apart, on a greased baking (cookie) sheet. Press a finger into the centre of each bun and add a teaspoonful of honey. Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7 for 10 minutes until light and golden brown.
Sticky Bun Coffee Ring Recipe
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
• 3 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans
• 1/4 cup chopped almonds
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
• Brush a 10-in. fluted tube pan with 1 tablespoon butter. In a small bowl, combine syrup and remaining butter. Drizzle 2 tablespoons into pan. Combine the brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/3 cupful over syrup mixture.
• Separate biscuits; place in prepared pan with edges overlapping. Top with remaining syrup and nut mixtures. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1-2 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.